From Winchester at the “top” of Virginia and the head of the Great Shenandoah Valley; to Bristol, the “birthplace of country music” and the beautiful majestic mountains of western and southwest Virginia; to the rolling hills of the central piedmont region and Mr. Jefferson’s beloved Charlottesville; to the sandy coastal plain of the Eastern Shore, the Chesapeake Bay and Norfolk, home of the world’s largest naval base; to Virginia’s historic capital city of Richmond and fertile, friendly Southside, the American Red Cross in the Virginia Region serves 118 independent cities and counties with a population of 5.8 million.
In the past year, American Red Cross in the Virginia Region has been able to make a difference in our local community through the generosity of our donors and support of our volunteers.
Together, we provided the following programs and services last year:
- Responded to 1,437 local disasters including home fires
- Provided 15,935 emergency services for 4,634 military members and their families
- Provided 137 international communication services for 50 families
- Mobilized 3,923 volunteers
- Enrolled 70,801 individuals in preparedness health and safety courses
- Provided 405,349 total services in our community